Pages

Monday, November 17, 2014

Miss Peregrine's Home For Peculiar Children

Miss Peregrine´s Home For Peculiar Children by Ransom Riggs

First Impressions:
Okay so I first heard alot about this book because of a booktuber named Jessethereader, which i love by the way, and he said it was an amazing book and that everyone should read it which i did. I have to admit that at first i thought that this book was going to be scarry so i decided to read it on the month of October being halloween and all that stuff but it didn't turn out that way.

Synopsis:
This book it's about this guy named Jacob. His granfather used to tell some stories to him when he was little, this stories where about Miss Peregrine's home for peculiar children and since his grandfather had once lived there he knew about the thing that made this children special. When Jacob was little he believed all these stories but as he grew up he began to think that they were just stories. When Jacob's grandfather dies he is determined to go to this home in search for answers about his grandfather even if it means traveling across the ocean to do it.

My opinion (be carefull spoilers ahead):
It took me a while to get into this book mainly because i was expecting another thing but don't get me wrong I really liked this book i just didn't love it. I was on a reading slump while i read this so i like to think that is why it took me a month to finish it.
The images make it more real and it's also unique, or it is for me, and the fact that this photos are real and that they weren't taken just for the book makes me love this book even more.
I wasn't expecting this book to be about time traveling! That one took me by surprise and it was in a good way. I really liked how this book turned out and I can't wait to read the second book.

Rating:
4.5/5
Because it did took me a while to finish this book but I also really liked it so i would recomend it!

No comments:

Post a Comment